Allergy is an upshot of hypersensitivity disorder in the immune system. Several external factors can cause allergy and allergic reactions are seen when our immune system reacts to generally harmless substances in the environment, e.g. house dust mites, pollen, cat dander, dog dander, mold, cockroaches etc. Consumption of normally acceptable food stuff like milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts (almonds / walnuts etc.) fish, shellfish, Soy and Wheat can also trigger allergy.
Allergy can be noticed from symptoms like:
- Block or running nose
- Sneezing, waking up with watery and itchy red eyes
- Stomach pain and/or diarrhoea
- Itchy, dry, red skin, especially on hands, neck, face and legs
- Blisters appearing on the skin.
Finding out correct reason of allergy is very important to render effective treatment. Today’s advanced medical science facilitates convenient and accurate tests to diagnose allergy.
At P. H. Diagnostics, we have established state-of-the-art facilities to have perfect allergy testing. These are referred to as immunoassay tests, which includes,
- Immunoglobulin E (igE) : Checking of antibodies appearing in human serum and plasma as a result of sensitization to a specific allergen.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA or EIA) – ImmunoCAP specific IgE : This is the blood test designed to differentiate atopic fron non-atopic patients.
- ImmunoCAP Phadiatop / Phadiatop Infant : Generally found in younger children 0-3 years and is most related to food allergens e.g., milk, egg, fish, soybean, peanuts etc.)
Benefits of ImmunoCAP Test
- Quick and easy
- Single blood sample required
- Does not interfere with ongoing medication
- Carries no risk of severe allergic reactions
- Safe and reliable medication for adults and children
- Gives a truly quantitative IgE antibody test result
- Identifies the underlying cause of allergy enabling the best treatment