- Silent 3 Tesla Mri Available at Mayur Colony
- 1.5 Tesla Mri Available at Satara Road and Hadapsar
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a medical imaging technique used in radiology to produce high-resolution images with superior soft tissue detail that helps in providing earlier and more accurate diagnosing diseases or other abnormalities in very early stages.
- Doctors use MRI to examine the brain, spine, joints (e.g., knee, shoulder, wrist, and ankle), abdomen, pelvic region, breast, blood vessels, heart and other body parts.
- Is completely harmless with no exposure to radiation.
- Fully non-invasive and has no side effects.
- Requires no prior preparations.
- Complements other diagnostic investigations for a more thorough evaluation of any disease.
MRI Scan Room
Preparation for MRI Examination
In order to avoid metallic objects clinging to powerful magnet of the MR system, you will be provided with a medical gown to wear during your examination. Items that need to be removed by patients before entering the MR system room include:
- Purse, wallet, money clip, credit cards, cards with magnetic strips
- Electronic devices such as beepers or cell phones
- Hearing aids
- Metal jewelery, watches
- Pens, paper clips, keys, coins
- Hair barrettes, hairpins
- Any article of clothing that has a metal zipper, buttons, snaps, hooks, under wire, or metal threads
- Shoes, belt buckles, safety pins.
Before the MRI procedure, you will be asked to fill out a screening form asking about anything that might create a health risk or interfere with imaging. Examples of items or things that may create a health hazard or other problem during an MRI exam include:
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Aneurysm clip
- Metal implant
- Implanted drug infusion device
- Foreign metal objects, especially if in or near the eye
- Shrapnel or bullet wounds
- Permanent cosmetics or tattoos
- Dentures/teeth with magnetic keepers
- Other implants that involve magnets
- Medication patch (i.e., trans-dermal patch) that contains metal foil