MULTISLICE CT SCAN
Multislice CT scanning is a non-invasive medical test that helps physicians diagnose and treat medical conditions. MSCT provide amazing pictures of the human body including 3D images for accurate diagnosis.
CT scans of internal organs, bones, soft tissue and blood vessels provide greater clarity and reveal more details than regular x-ray exams.
Using specialized equipment and expertise to create and interpret CT scans of the body, radiologists can more easily diagnose problems such as cancers, cardiovascular disease, infectious disease, appendicitis, trauma and musculoskeletal disorders.
Multi Slice CT Scan
CT scan may be helpful for the following
- Quickly identify injuries to the lungs, heart and vessels, liver, spleen, kidneys, bowel or other internal organs in cases of trauma.
- Stage, plan and properly administer radiation treatments for tumors as well as monitor response to chemotherapy.
- Measure bone mineral density for the detection of osteoporosis.
- One of the best and fastest tools for studying the chest, abdomen and pelvis because it provides detailed, cross-sectional views of all types of tissue.
- Invaluable in diagnosing and treating spinal problems and injuries to the hands, feet and other skeletal structures because it can clearly show even very small bones as well as surrounding tissues such as muscle and blood vessels Preparation for Multislice CT Scan.
- You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your exam. You may be given a gown to wear during the procedure.
- You may be asked not to eat or drink anything for several hours beforehand, especially if a contrast material will be used in your exam.
- You should inform your physician of any medications you are taking and if you have any allergies. Also inform your doctor of any recent illnesses or other medical conditions, and if you have a history of heart disease, asthma, diabetes, kidney disease or thyroid problems.
- Women should always inform their physician and the CT technologist if there is any possibility that they are pregnant.